1. Halloweentown (1998) - Three siblings who have never been allowed to celebrate Halloween discover that their grandmother and mother are actually witches. They must work together as a family to save Halloweentown from the evil forces at work there. (This is shown on Family channel every October; there are also two sequels to the movie but they are significantly less entertaining in my opinion).
2. A Cinderella Story (2004) - Servant to her stepmother and obnoxious stepsisters, Sam Montgomery looks forward to meeting her anonymous internet crush at the school's Halloween dance.
3. Carrie (1976) - An abused and timid high school girl discovers she has telekinetic powers, and is pushed over the edge on the night of her school's prom. (The new version with Chloe Grace-Moretz is great too, but I'm partial to the original).
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) - Need I explain? And although it is technically not a Halloween movie, it totally counts.
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) - Jack Skellington, king of Halloweentown, discovers Christmas Town, but doesn't quite understand the concept.
6. Practical Magic (1998) - Sisters who have grown up knowing they possess magic and are burdened by a terrible curse must work together to fight the family curse and other supernatural forces that threaten their whole family.
Hopefully you'll enjoy at least one of these if you decide to check them out! Feel free to let me know your favorite Halloween movie in the comments below. Have a great October! :)