Thursday, October 9, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!: 10 Things I'm Grateful For





In honour of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday (October 13 here in Canada), I'd like to share with you my list of 10 things I'm grateful for:

1. My awesome parents, who support me no matter what, and always try their best to give me what I want (and usually succeed).

2. My incredible boyfriend, who never lets me down and is always there for me no matter what. He also makes me a priority and will do just about anything to make me happy. 

3. Being born in Canada, where I get a free basic education, freedom to be who I am and express my opinions. 

4. My friends. One in particular who's been there as long as I can remember and who always manages to give me a good laugh. Being in my last year of high school I'm starting to see who my real friends are and who I was just a convenience to...much as I look forward to going off to uni and meeting some new friends, there's definitely a couple I'll be sad to leave.

5. Netflix, because what else does one do with the occasional pocket of spare time in their schedule? Why, binge-watch House or Once Upon a Time, of course. I do wish though that we got the same shows in Canada as they do in America :( #WhyCan'tIHaveCriminalMindsToo?

6. Chocolate, aka the physical and edible form of all things holy. 

7. Tweezers, because without killer eyebrows you have nothing. I don't know where I'd be without mine, and I have no desire to find out.

8. Peanut Butter, the food by which I prefer to sustain myself. No further explanation shall be given or should be necessary.

9. Little kids, because what is cuter than an innocent little kid who just trusts and loves you unconditionally, even if you just taught then swimming or skiing lessons or they see you at the grocery store? I babysit pretty frequently and while kids can definitely be a challenge they say the darnedest things and I always leave with a smile on my face. 

10. My health; As of yet I've been very lucky with my health. I have friends who've been diagnosed with everything from anxiety to appendicitis to diabetes and we're only 17. So far, so good, for me and though I often take that for granted I have been very blessed.



This is just a short, somewhat satirical list of things in my life that I'm grateful for, which obviously could be made into a much much longer post. 


I'd love to hear about the things you all are grateful for this season in the comments below! 

Thanks so much for reading, and to my fellow Canadians, Happy Thanksgiving! :)




No comments: